Hi,

As you describe it it seems like you have bead level data in your data
files. The Illumina package for BASE expects bead summary data, i.e.,
the average for each bead type (together with some other numbers as
described in
http://baseplugins.thep.lu.se/browser/plugins/base2/net.sf.basedb.illumina/tags/1.2/README).

If the above is correct there are two ways forward:

1) Create a small program that converts bead level data to bead summary
data. This could be in line with Markus' contribution on how to convert
Illumina BeadStudio data to IBS, see
http://baseplugins.thep.lu.se/browser/plugins/base2/net.sf.basedb.illumina/trunk/contrib/README_beadstudio2ibs.txt

2) Add support for reading bead level data files to the Illumina
package, i.e., perform what a converter in bullet 1 above would do. A
plug-in could do the averageing and store IBS like data in the database.
This of course requires that Code colun in Lucas sample is the same as
Illumicode in IBS files (the same requirement is also true for a
converter in 1 above).

I am not sure if 2) is something we want to see, we opted out from this
earlier since the data files are really large. Also, we did not see any
benefit on storing the bead level data. Of course, in our discussions we
opted out because we did not want to store bead level data in the
database, but we would not do that in this scenario (only store large
files).

Any thoughts?

Jari