Offord, Victoria wrote:
> I know the feeling. This has been several hours wasted because they
> don't bother to explain this in the manual at all!

Contributions to the manual would be very much appreciated. Otherwise,
there is information about similar problems in the trac ticket system:

http://base.thep.lu.se/ticket/1066 (Fixed in BASE 2.8)
http://base.thep.lu.se/ticket/1014 (Partially fixed in BASE 2.8)
http://base.thep.lu.se/ticket/1435 (Will be fixed in BASE 2.15)

The list pages has also been updated in later BASE versions to be less
sensitive to errors that occurs when the list is generated. I don't
think this would have been much of an issue if a later version of BASE
had been used. On the other hand, before BASE 2.8 it would have been a
lot harder to fix since there was no function that could get rid of the
bad data in the database.

/Nicklas