Hi Tim,

Thanks for your observation. We need more help to reproduce this: Could you
describe in detail, and step by step, how to trigger this issue?

In addition, you could…
• tell us more about your OS and JDK version
• start BaseX on command line and share a possible stack trace with us
• verify if the error also occurs with other XML input (such as <x/>) and
other queries (such as .)

The simpler the use case, the better…

Thanks
Christian