Hello BaseX-Talk,
I am new to the boards and BaseX in general. I have been looking for a open
source NoSQL database with expressive query abilities and I think BaseX fits
the bill. Its been an exciting journey as I am new to the whole X platform
aside from the angle brackets... As I think many are.
I am currently exploring the capabilities of RestXQ and the xml stack.  I
especially like its potential coupled with knockout.js, and a truly flexible
RESTful metadata/hypermedia driven api. I have implemented an api of this
nature in .Net however the metadata and querying capabilities are hindered and
unnecessarily complex where I feel xml and XQuery make this dynamic
orchestration quite gracefully.
Unfortunately I am stuck now that I am exploring referential relationships and
xml. I am trying to understand the support BaseX and XML in general has for
referential nodes especially when dealing with queries. For example I know the
xml standard defines id and idref however I have not been able to find any
documentation on these in BaseX or XML in general. For example does BaseX
handle idiosyncrasies of id and idref or must I handle these in my queries? For
example:
<child id="1" name="firstChild" /><child id="2" name="secondChild" />
for $itemWithFirstChild in $context/item[child/@name = 'firstChild']return
$itemWithFirstChild/@id
I would like this to return "10 20"Now this example uses a dynamic context node
however in the application these would exist as nodes in the database...
If it does fully support this how do I enable it or get it to work?  Also what
about XLink?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for your time.- James