Anything special to think about when using BaseX outside the
database-context?

I have built some solutions using the QueryProcessor for generating
filesystem reports using the supplied modules for calculating file-sizes
and checksums. I hava also built a number of wrappers for calling and
aggregating results from web-services. All these queries are embedded and
run in our normal java-processes.

Everything has worked out really well. And BaseX gives you access to a lot
of good functionality like XQuery 3.0 and a rich set of modules. But I'm a
bit curious if there are any drawback or special things to think about with
using Basex as a general xquery-library like you would use Saxon for
example?

Regards,
Johan Mörén