Hi Johan,

> Anything special to think about when using BaseX outside the
> database-context?

Thanks for the kudos and for describing your use case. It's perfectly
fine to BaseX outside the database context! I'm aware of many
scenarios, in which BaseX is used without databases, or in which the
data is even stored in relational or other NoSQL stores. As XQuery is
more and more evolving into a general-purpose language (we like to
call it "Information Processing Language"), and as many of our modules
are built to cover non-database aspects, I can only recommend to leave
the database realm.

Best,
Christian