Hi All,

I created one database of 1GB in size, and have a batch of
*read-only*queries to be performed.
Each query is quite simple, so there is not much room to improve.
All the queries are executed through *XQJ api.*

If these queries are sequentially executed, it costs 5~8 seconds per query.

To speed it up, I tried to executed it in a multi-thread way. But turns out
to be much slower than the sequential one.

This is what I wrote for each thread:

public void run() {
try {
 XQConnection conn = ds.getConnection();
XQSequence rs = conn.prepareExpression(input)
.executeQuery();
 //process the query result
conn.close();
}
 } catch (Throwable e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
 }

Anyone has the idea on how to improve the batch of queries.

Thanks,

--
Regards

Shanshan