Hi Andreas,

> I thought RESTXQ scripts would be compatible in some way :-)

Thanks for fighting through the initial difficulties. I hope that our
implementations are still "in some way" compatible. With each
feedback, chances increase that we get eXist and BaseX closer
together. Feel free to give feedback in the RESTXQ issue tracker [1].

> I can access
>
> http://.../all-documents.xml
>
> however
>
> http://.../all-documents.json
>
> gives me a 404 error.

It works on my machine. Did you specify an Accept header in your
request? I would expect it to be mandatory in eXist db as well..

  curl -H"Accept:application/json" "http://localhost:8984/all-documents.json";

As an alternative, you can also remove the
%rest:produces("application/json") annotation.

Best,
Christian

[1] https://github.com/exquery/exquery/issues