Van: Hans-Juergen Rennau [mailto:hren...@yahoo.de]
Verzonden: zaterdag 25 juli 2015 15:42
Aan: Rob Stapper; BaseX
Onderwerp: Re: [basex-talk] hickup in typeswitch

Hi Rob, no - this is no bug, as a map *is* a (special kind) of function.

Compare http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-31/#id-maps ;

[Definition: A map is a function that associates a set of keys with values,
resulting in a collection of key / value pairs.]

In other words, the expression

   map{'p':'test'} instance of function(*)

MUST yield true, as it does in BaseX, as it does with Saxon.

Kind regards,

Hans-Jürgen