At the risk of a) sounding like a real newbie  b) being accused of not Googling
for an answer (which I did - but apparently overlooked)
I am wondering how I can bind an external variable using just XQuery syntax in
the BaseX GUI.
I have found how to set the variable via command line options, and how to do it
in Java, but I merelywanted to run a quick interactive test in the GUI  to test
an idea of mine (before writing a bunch of Java code).What I have done is in a
tab in the GUI, I have included the module, and before running a function, want
to set that external variable.
Surprisingly I found myself at a loss on how to do what appears to be a simple
task.
So, thanks in advance for any help....and for the rest of this community for
not laughing at me too loudly
Buddy