Hi Rob,

What do you actually want to achieve here?

If you want to compile xquery files to protect your IP I have no idea
how to do that. Saxon has such a feature in a limited way if you buy PE
or EE if I remeber correctly. You can call Saxon using xslt:transform.

I do a lot of docker stuff and I
* used a JVM image and mounted everything BaseX (so the zip distribution
including any xquery code I added)
* tried to create a buildpack that downloads everything needed and
creates a container form that:
  https://github.com/simar0at/heroku-buildpack-basex
  This is a https://github.com/gliderlabs/herokuish buildpack (usabel
with gitlab CI/CD).
  It is still rough around the edges

Maybe you want something in between?

You probably will need to mount <basexHome>/data (which also contains
the logs), and <basexHome>/webapp containing any code for the (rest
based?) services you want to provide.

Best regards

Omar