De : Hans-Juergen Rennau <hren...@yahoo.de>
Envoyé : vendredi 19 avril 2024 11:25
À : basex-talk@mailman.uni-konstanz.de; ANDRADE Antonio
<antonio.andr...@ofb.gouv.fr>
Objet : Re: [basex-talk] Performance issue with BaseX CLI

Hi Antonio,

my experience is very different - quite comparable performance, except for
very specific cases, e.g. massive use of fn:idref(). Furthermore, the
performance of BaseX is often so stupendous that an improvement by an order
of magnitude (not to mention two) appears to me very difficult to imagine.

It makes me suspicious that one of your scripts is .py, the other .sh. I
believe the scripts used for comparing should be absolutely analogous.

Kind regards,

Hans-Jürgen

Am Freitag, 19. April 2024 um 10:46:00 MESZ hat ANDRADE Antonio
<antonio.andr...@ofb.gouv.fr <mailto:antonio.andr...@ofb.gouv.fr> >
Folgendes geschrieben:

Hie,

For the purposes of European Water Framework Directive reporting, I compared
the performances of the Saxon and BaseX XQuery engines. I observe a
performance gap of a factor of 100 to 200 depending on the use case (see
functions test_xquery_monitoring() and test_xquery_multischema_2022() in
scripts test_saxoncee.py and test_basex.sh available at
https://outil-transferts.ofb.fr/?107ae461a144d0b
<https://antiphishing.vadesecure.com/v4?f=SXFHV0doZ0hlNkF0enZmVuoCM95WeuaChRyIrE708OdqC5mxr0AhHc03wwqVfo0f&i=empzeXJKYXZmc05YYWxacww79GpiYj3SR6XpwV_AaxA&k=NcQA&r=VmtndDVTbzdiM2ZTWE5zNMCsMM_WbQ9BmpGSHR9MWkjz9QKQ-9XjLqshePQYk6Xv&s=41f902a2f3b242ea9e4bc054e42a5312eb15c66b88bc1712485b0414a23cf440&u=https%3A%2F%2Foutil-transferts.ofb.fr%2F%3F107ae461a144d0b>

 ) Can you please help me understand the reasons for such gaps ?

Thanks in advance,

Antonio Andrade

Date engineer