Hi Antonio,

As Liam indicated, you may get better performance when adding your
documents to a database.

In general, though, the runtimes of BaseX and Saxon have aligned pretty
much over the years, and I assume there’ll be a trivial reason behind the
drastic difference in the runtime.

Your test setup is probably too complex for us readers to spend more time
with it. Could you possibly share a more basic example with us, ideally
with a single document and query file?

Thanks in advance,
Christian