BASFA Meeting 1308
August 24, 2015

Trey Haddad, President
Ken Patterson, Vice President
Dave Gallaher, Treasurer
Galen Tripp, Sergeant at Arms
Barbara Johnson-Haddad, Secretary
held at Coco's, 1206 Oakmead Parkway (Lawrence Expressway/101 Fwy),
Sunnyvale

Began 8pm with snark
12 people attended

The minutes of meeting 1307 were accepted as 'short and sweet'

The proxy Treasurer's report was that last week we took in $0.25 in the
regular jar & there was no party jar

The Vice President had nothing fannish to report

The President had nothing fannish to report - but we did say 'hi' to Ellen
Desmond, a long-time science fiction reader, visiting us for the first time

Announcements:
Ken announced that this Friday is the Legion of Rasselon meeting at the
IHoP on Stevens Creek & Lawrence, 7:30pm & announced that this Saturday is
a Psychotronic Film Festival at Foothill college, 7pm in room 5015 - get
there early, $5 at the door and $3 parking

Adrienne announced that she has something for next week

Reviews:
Fred reviewed Worldcon as great, albeit a little smoky & his ribbon train
was long & the con ran well; Adrienne reviewed it as her Writer's Workshop
ran well & she likes that the Finland 2017 Worldcon will be called
'Worldcon 75', the convention center layout was generally derided & Ken
watched the Hugo live feed & enjoyed it

Howeird reviewed adventures in medicine as not terrible

Fred reviewed a Hogu get-together as fun

We did auctions

we adjourned at 8:40

and the rumor of the week was:  'The voting membership of BASFA has
determined that there will be no rumor in the minutes'