BASFA Meeting 1309
August 31, 2015

Trey Haddad, President
Ken Patterson, Vice President
Dave Gallaher, Treasurer
Galen Tripp, Sergeant at Arms
Barbara Johnson-Haddad, Secretary
held at Coco's, 1206 Oakmead Parkway (Lawrence Expressway/101 Fwy),
Sunnyvale

Began 8pm with lots of puns
29 people attended

The minutes of meeting 1308 were accepted as '*' [asterisk]

The Treasurer reported that last week we took in $0.80 in the regular jar &
took in $1.33 in the Sasquan meeting

The Vice President said 'Yike!' and pointed out that his predecessor was in
the room

The President congratulated the Hugo winners & welcomed our TAFF deligate
who said 'hi' - as well as greeting Brett & Troy who were new to BASFA

Announcements:
Tom announced that his project on Susan Wood is online at
www.fanac.com/zine/susan-wood.project

Beth announced that Katlyn will be active in theatre & that she finished
her Masters in Curriculum and Instruction last Saturday

Chris O announced that she was done with her chemo

Chris announced that he had had twins & announced that Sept 17 he'll
present a wearable computer talk at the next Pechacacha &

Ric followed that you'll have to pay $5 to see it and the SJ Museum of
Modern Art it's being held at

Lynn announced that she was nominated for a Pegasus award

Ric announced that Fanboy Planet podcast 410 is now available

JC announced that the kitchen is finally done & announced that a Nerdvana
Podcast will be available on Wednesday

[evil] Kevin announced that the Bay Area Gay Rodeo will be at the Russian
River Rodeo grounds & that the Russian River Jazz fest will also be held -
all in Guernville on Sept 12-13 & announced that Convolution is coming up
the 1st weekend in October & they'll heold a pre-support party on Friday
there for Worldcon SJ in 2018 & he'll MC the Masquerade on Saturday; Dave G
followed that there'll be another pre-support in New Orleans at Contraflow

Ken announced that there'll be a mini-Maker's fair on Sunday from 10-6pm at
History Park, SJ

Brad announced the Gaint's game score

Lisa got a Hero's Medal at Sasquan

Reviews:
Worldcon was reviewed multiple times as pretty darned good

I wanted to reviewed 'Final Fantasy VII' for the ipad 2 as an excellent
port of the game, but there was no time

We did auctions

we adjourned at 9.48

and the rumor of the week was:  'Having Tolkien books will get you laid'