Ken Patterson, Vice President
Dave Gallaher, Treasurer
Galen Tripp, Sergeant at Arms
Barbara Johnson-Haddad, Secretary
held at the Black Bear Diner

Began 8pm - with talk of Warcraft
37 people attended

we established a party jar

The minutes of meeting 1352 were accepted as 'jerky?  What jerky?'  The
minutes of meeting 1353 were accepted as 'so much for THAT palace coup'

The Treasurer reported that at meeting 1352 we took in $26.50 in the
regular jar & $31.00 in the party jar, while at meeting 1353 we took in
$0.00 in the regular jar & $0.25 in the party jar

The Vice President reported that Amici's Pizzeria closed [a sentimental
favorite of his]

The President had nothing fannish to report

The Code of Conduct Committee reported that he has handouts of the latest
code of conduct, annotated, with comments, we convened as a committee of
the whole, there were speeches for and against, then voted and adopted the
Code of Conduct.  Then we voted to adopt a 15th rule and that passed.  The
rule's wording is:  'That attendees at any BASFA function shall abide by
the club's code of conduct.'

Announcements:
Chris O announced that the 2016 TAFF delegate, Anna Raftery, will visit us
on our August 8th meeting

Dave C announced that Cargo Cult Books is now 20 years old & announced that
he has 'Social Justice' kitty postcards for us to check out

Ken announced that the new 'Ghostbusters' movie opens this week & we were
reminded that the 'Force Awakens' will have a Friday night free showing at
El Quito park, Saratoga

[evil] Kevin announced that SJ in 2018 needs the names of folks who will be
helping them at the Kansas City Worldcon so that they can get badges made
for them

John O announced that Tor Books has a new ebook club & that each week they
will give away a free ebook, check http://ebookclub.tor.com/

Reviews:
Westercon was reviewed a lot.  Hypnotoad summary was that the con was a
smashing success and all will obey Hypnotoad

Dave C reviewed his GPS traffic navigation tool as that it saved him from
being stuck in a traffic mess for hours

John O reviewed & recommended 'Binti' from his Hugo nominations novella
list as it had a different & interesting world view; he commented that a
lot of the Hugo novels on the list were blah and forgettable, then reviewed
& mentioned the webcomic 'Freefall' as just having finished a chapter & is
very enjoyable

Chris reviewed a Google machine learning class that uses datamining as it
makes us all characters in a sf novel

Gayle reviewed Onion's article on Tim Duncan's retirement as entertaining

Trey reviewed a web-comic, 'Data Chasers', as entertaining and worth
viewing & having just finished a chapter

we did auctions

we adjourned at 9:35 pm

and the rumor of the week was:  'Pokemon Go is down, I can't walk!'