From: Basfa [mailto:basfa-boun...@lists.basfa.org] On Behalf Of Ken Patterson
via Basfa
Sent: Monday, December 25, 2017 11:12 PM
To: BASFA <ba...@basfa.org>
Subject: [Basfa] Meeting #1340 - Monday, 25 December

[Caution: External sender]
Meeting #1430
December 25, 2017

Trey Haddad, President
Ken Patterson, Vice President
Dave Gallaher, Treasurer
Galen Tripp, Sergeant at Arms
Barbara Johnson-Haddad, Secretary
held at the Black Bear Diner, Milpitas

Meeting #1430

Called to order at 20:00

7 people in attendance

A party jar was established via text.

Minutes of meeting #1429 were read individually by members in attendance, and
were accepted as “Read them online, if you can find them.”

The Treasurer was absent, but we have money.

The VP had nothing fannish to report.

The President was MIA with the secretary.

New Business

  1.  The question was raised: If the minutes are not consistently being put on
LiveJournal anymore, should the link from the BASFA website be removed? Should
the links to our active Social Media pages on the front page?

Announcements

Harold(the Younger)

  1.  Zeldathon Mission starting Dec 27 at 1pm (pt) Charity marathon featuring
Legend of Zelda games, supporting Direct Relief.
zeldathon.net<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__zeldathon.net&d=DwMFaQ&c=yB5_1n673GUOGXx1LN8Nrw&r=hO-8h6B2dNB5bcXhoj6zoSZubX809HJAb7OnA24Dy3VP6WWMDyoCiHGvMwx3AJJT&m=91h1x4asrPoi3cpZrANL93CT6yFOOIvK7HiYUsaA3PU&s=2OgF-F-vvjxGCOWr5S_ZXcMLqDeLHmpLm-WtC1JaG9o&e=>
 to learn more, donate, and/or watch the stream when it goes live. Donations
are currently open.

Fred

  1.  WC76 memberships are going up on January 1.
Worldcon76.org<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__Worldcon76.org&d=DwMFaQ&c=yB5_1n673GUOGXx1LN8Nrw&r=hO-8h6B2dNB5bcXhoj6zoSZubX809HJAb7OnA24Dy3VP6WWMDyoCiHGvMwx3AJJT&m=91h1x4asrPoi3cpZrANL93CT6yFOOIvK7HiYUsaA3PU&s=o4k2Z4f9TIvOrqO1JxKfI5uDgFFVYoVXNdT9yQOKTmM&e=>
     *   Also, if you want to nominate in the upcoming Hugos, you need to
become a member before January 1.

Ken

  1.  This Friday is the 5th Friday, and the Legion of Rassilon will be meeting
the following Friday, December 29 at the Denny’s on Bascom in Campbell (near
the Pruneyard). Meeting starts at 7:30, and we’ll be doing a gift exchange
raffle - bring a gift, get a raffle ticket. Some people will be bringing
multiple gifts and sharing the extra tickets with those who couldn’t/didn’t
bring.
lor.club<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__lor.club&d=DwMFaQ&c=yB5_1n673GUOGXx1LN8Nrw&r=hO-8h6B2dNB5bcXhoj6zoSZubX809HJAb7OnA24Dy3VP6WWMDyoCiHGvMwx3AJJT&m=91h1x4asrPoi3cpZrANL93CT6yFOOIvK7HiYUsaA3PU&s=LXFWIFdTBM_dGAYKA8bJnyV69mUQpVial6mS7W6i3kI&e=>

Reviews

Dave

  1.  Saw the Disaster Artist. James Franco, dock-drama of the making of the
Room - an unintentionally funny movie. Worth it.

Ken

  1.  Doctor Who was brilliant.

Fred

  1.  Orville. Both positive that it goes places, but frustrated at some of the
humor. Still worthwhile.

There was no auction.

Meeting adjourned at: 20:17 and the rumor of the week was: My pie will arrive
sometime this evening.