Reply at the very bottom. :)

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 5:04 AM, Amir Pakdel <pak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dears
>
> Sorry for ambiguity of my previous email.
> Here is a brief description of Nepomuk copied from http://nepomuk.kde.org/:
> Nepomuk aims to provide the basis to handle all kinds of metadata on the KDE
> desktop in a generic fashion. This ranges from simple information such as
> tags or ratings over metadata extracted from files to metadata that is
> generated by applications automatically. RDF, the Resource Description
> Framework, provides the powerful basis to store and query all this data. The
> goal is to categorize all metadata using clean ontologies to make an
> automated handling and enrichment of the data possible.
>
> In short, Nepomuk uses a set of triples called RDF; and Ontologies are sets
> of resources and properties extending RDF.
> Since Nepomuk uses RDF and Ontologies to store metadata, it would be
> beneficial to take a look at an introduction to RDF and the usage of
> ontologies in Nepomuk, here:
> http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Development/Tutorials/Metadata/Nepomuk/RDFIntroduction
>
> The Ontology that seems suitable (in my opinion) is NEPOMUK Annotation
> Ontology Specification (NAO for short). NAO already defines resource types
> and properties like label, prefLabel, comment, description, identifier,
> hasTag, Tag, hasTopic, isTopicOf and isRelated. Here is the specification of
> NAO:
> http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/nao/
>

> Below are some other useful links:
> Documentation of Nepomuk: http://nepomuk.kde.org/node/2
> OSCAF/NEPOMUK Ontologies: http://www.semanticdesktop.org/ontologies/
>

> Cheers,
> Amir
>
> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 8:21 PM, Matt Rogers <ma...@kde.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 7:47 AM, Amir Pakdel <pak...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Dear developers,
>> >
>> > I think in order to start Nepomuk integration, firstly we need an RDF
>> > Ontology. Do you agree that NAO (The Nepomuk Annotation Ontology) will
>> > cover
>> > all our needs?
>> >

>> > Cheers,
>> >
>> > Amir
>> >

>> I have no idea, especially since you've a rather poor job on even
>> describing what NAO is or what is gives us in terms of a searching
>> functionality. Even a link pointing to the NAO spec would have been
>> helpful.

I think, similar to the how the Jreepad import stuff was done, that if
somebody is interested in doing Nepomuk integration, they should just
start working on it, rather than having endless discussions about RDF,
ontologies, etc., and start providing patches and/or merge requests
for review.

As we're mostly inexperienced with Nepomuk so far, I think doing it
that way is infinitely more productive. After all, in KDE, the one who
does the work decides.
--
Matt