Cameron McCormack wrote:
Yeah, the strange thing was that I didn't have to change the 'compile'
target at all.  Just having the DOM 3 interfaces in the classes
directory allowed me to compile the main sources.

What are you compiling with? JDK 1.3? That doesn't have xml-apis at all (they were added in 1.4 as DOM 2). In which case my point about the xalan might still be valid.

One thing that occurs to me is that the test build
includes the 'libs-build-classpath' - which I think includes
xalan - which probably has xml-apis in it (although why they
would override your 'bootclasspath' stuff I don't know).

If I take the extended DOM interfaces approach this should become a non-problem.

If it works as I think it will ;)