It's me again. I've prepared more complex example and these startOffset ranges
turned out to be still problematic (particularly with the text-anchor attribute
set to the middle), see the attached example (December ember).

The text anchor is shifted so that text is not centered at the specified point
so both occurrences appear in different positions (they should match).

Should I report it somewhere?

Regards,
Jan