Your high resolution vector image may be consuming more heap than you have
available when transcoding to raster.  You can test this by passing an AOI
to the transcode hints.  if that is the issue, you can opt to tile the
output

http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/using/transcoder.html#selectAreaOfIntrest

Or cut your resolution by reducing the magnitude of your cords...

you'll get some better answers from other, more knowledgable transcoders!