Hi,

I've been running batik 1.7 on a sun 1.5 update 9 jre on linux without
changing the jre font configuration, using any options that affects jre font
rendering or using the "text-rendering" svg attribute.

when switching to a sun 1.6 update 23 jre, the antialias level of rendered
text becomes way too heavy, so it's almost fuzzy to look at.. nothing but
the jre has been changed, and the lucida fonts included with the two jre's
appear to be exactly the same (files).. also, the jre switch somehow only
affects batik/svg - everything else looks the same..

I tried playing around with the text-rendering attribute on the 1.6 jre and
it has an effect, but none of the values produce renders that look as good
as before, when it was unspecified.

Does anyone have an idea why this rendering change happens? I cannot figure
it out.

cheers...