I am running the latest version of Batik and when I run the command line:

java -jar batik-rasterizer.jar mytest.svg -m image/jpeg -q .99 -maxw 512 -maxh
512

About to transcode 1 SVG file(s)

Converting mytest.svg to mytest.jpg ... org.apache.batik.transcoder.TranscoderEx
ception: null
Enclosed Exception:
The current document is unable to create an element of the requested type (names
pace: http://www.w3.org/2000/svg, name: odm).
        at org.apache.batik.transcoder.XMLAbstractTranscoder.transcode(XMLAbstra
ctTranscoder.java:134)
        at org.apache.batik.transcoder.SVGAbstractTranscoder.transcode(SVGAbstra
ctTranscoder.java:156)
        at org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.SVGConverter.transcode(SVGConverter.
java:1001)
        at org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.SVGConverter.execute(SVGConverter.ja
va:717)
        at org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.Main.execute(Main.java:938)
        at org.apache.batik.apps.rasterizer.Main.main(Main.java:992)
... error (SVGConverter.error.while.rasterizing.file)

The file does render in IE and when I read the header I see that it appears to
reference the SVG 1.1 standard (in poking around I read comments about the use
of 1.2 features not being supported in Batik).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 1.1//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/1.1/DTD/svg11.dtd";>
<!-- Creator: CorelDRAW X5 -->

I am using a binary distribution and I read some discussion but that not
natively supporting extensions.  Is this something I need to consider?  I moved
the file batik-rasterizer-ext.jar to the current directory to ensure it was in
the classpath but that had no effect.

Thanks for any guidance.

Cheers,

Lyman

The information contained in this message is for the intended addressee only
and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the
intended addressee, please delete this message and notify the sender, and do
not copy or distribute this message or disclose its contents to anyone. Any
views or opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not
necessarily represent those of Capax Global LLC or of any of its associated
companies. No reliance may be placed on this message without written
confirmation from an authorised representative of the company. Capax Global
LLC, Registered Office: 10 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, NJ 07054 USA.