Hi Werner,
    Yes, text renders differently on different platforms, and yes this is
very annoying, and no I don't know of anyway to work around it.
It causes all sorts of headaches with the Batik automated testing system
(it more or less means that you need a set of reference images for
every platform).

    Thomas

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 2:27 AM, Werner Guttmann <werner.guttm...@indoqa.com
> wrote:

> No, I haven't yet (and will), but it looks like the problem seems to be
> with some SVG text elements and their rendering on various platforms.
>
> Thanks
> Werner
>

> On 15.05.2012 19:05, Joel Uckelman wrote:
>
>> Thus spake Werner Guttmann:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> in one of our projects, we are currently using the PNGTranscoder to
>>> produce a PNG from an SVG, and everything works just fine (in terms of
>>> expected output, content, ...). As part of some recent testing, we came
>>> to realize that the PNGs produced are of differing physical byte sizes
>>> on different machines.
>>>
>>> E.g. a PNG image of dimension 1620x1118 px one one box has a size of
>>> 10,836 bytes, whereas a second server produces 10,864 bytes worth of PNG