Hello!

As this it my first post to this mailing list I would like to welcome everyone!

I have a problem with properly displaying a SVGDocument (build on-the-fly) in JSVGCanvas and I would really appreciate some guidance.

I use Java 1.6 on Windows XP. In my app I store SVGConfiguration as a CLOB in database. In the runtime I get the String from database, create a SVGDocument and display it on JSVGCanvas. This works fine until I have some gradients defined in <defs> node. In this case no exception is thrown but the elements using gradients are not drawn at all.

I tried to find some soultion on the web and in the mailing-list archive but came out empty-handed. Setting a xml:base with following code did not help:

    URL baseURL = new URL(new java.io.File("").toURL().toExternalForm());
    String url = baseURL.toString();
    ((SVGOMDocument)doc).setURLObject(baseURL);

Neither did adding this URL to <defs> subnodes.

The SVG file I use is attached to this mail (hope attachments are allowed)

Best regards,
Maciek