Hit Thomas,

I use batik 1.7 official release. Because time is of essence for me now I found a workaround (not pretty I admit) - after creating document, I save it as a temporary file on disc, and load it to canvas. That resolves the problem.

I was a bit surprised but I didn't see any stacktrace and didn't get any error message while opening this document. However, before aplying the above mentioned workaround I observed one more interesting thing. When I ommited this gradient styles in <defs> node, batik showed an error message stating that styles used in nodes cannot be found. After adding the styles the error didn't occur, but still (as I mentioned before) nodes with gradients were not drawn.

Best regards,
Maciek
Hi Maciek,