Hi Eldem,
   You can be notified when a link is fired by registring a LinkActivated
listener.
If you want to change the default behavior you will need to replace the normal
batik.bridge.UserAgent
that the JSVGComponent constructs with your own that overrides "openLink"  (see
JSVGComponent.java you can problem just subclass the existing one and override
createUserAgent in a subclass of JSVGCanvas/Component to return your subclass).