><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Thomas> Is is possible you have a local copy of bbdb-search-simple?

tkld>  No. I've used a fresh Xemacs and added just the BBDB 2.2 lisp
tkld>  directory to the load-path. bbdb-search-simple always returns this
tkld>  pair of a record and a hash key, which breaks gnus-bbdb and bbdb-pgp.

 Doh! <SFX>Sound of palm slapping head</SFX>

 Couldn't understand why it all worked fine when I stepped through it
 all, but not if I started up Xemacs with -q and performed each step
 by hand. Finally something in the back of my mind piped up ``It's a
 macro, you idiot!''.

 Duh. Recompiled gnus-bbdb.el and bbdb-pgp.el and now everything
 should be fine.

 So I was still using a pre 2.2 bbdb-search-simple.

--
Kevin Davidson                             Decisionhouse Systems Group
Quadstone Limited 16 Chester Street,  Edinburgh,   Scotland,   EH3 7RA