Hmm, Roberts suggestion of putting (unload-feature `bbdb-autoloads t)
before the (require `bbdb) does work if I use the new bbdb version
from it´s source dir and still have the old one in the XEmacs package
tree.

If I remove the old package and install the latest cvs-version,
bbdb-insinuate isn´t known (removed above line again):
(I actually tried that with XEmacs-21.1.12)

Signaling: (void-function bbdb-insinuate-gnus)
  (bbdb-insinuate-gnus)
)
  eval((bbdb-insinuate-gnus))
  eval-interactive((bbdb-insinuate-gnus))
  eval-last-sexp(nil)
  call-interactively(eval-last-sexp)

How do I get along installing the latest bbdb with XEmacs?

Thanks for your help,
Jochen
--
Heinrich-Heine-Universität, Institut für Physikalische Chemie I
Universitätsstr. 1, Geb. 26.43 Raum 02.29