On August 23, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

> Just curious why bbdb doesn't offer the same arragement for entering
> network addresses as it does for phone numbers and normal addresses by
> default.

Possibly because this makes it less easy for BBDB to be
Insidious. Current operation is to silently notice and file away email
addresses so that if someone's address changes, it gets added to the
list. ESC-TAB completion picks the head of this list if it has no
other guide. Adding location tags to this field means you'd probably
also need to add a flag to indicate which address is the primary
address for ESC-TAB completion. Additionally, for records with more
than two or three addresses you end up really bulking up the size of
the displayed record. Still, I'm not dismissing the idea.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
Ronan Waide, Technology Consultant

StepStone, #102 Block 4, Harcourt Centre, Harcourt Rd, Dublin 2, Ireland
Tel: +353 (0)1 2944077  Fax: +353 (0)1 2944078  http://www.stepstone.ie/