I've finally decided to upgrade from 2.00.06 to the latest CVS.  So I
checked the sourceforge web page, and ran the cvs command line
mentioned there and brought every thing down.  I ran make reallyclean
just to be safe and then make all.  I use XEmacs 21.1.7.  I added the
lisp subdirectory to my load path (in .emacs) and fired up xemacs.  I
ran into the problem with bbdb-autoloads that was discussed in great
detail last month.  I went through the thread on list archive and I
had the impression this was fixed by having bbdb-autoloads.el not
generated or removed afterwards or something like that.  But
bbdb-autoloads.el is still being generated and bbdb-initialize is
barfing on it.  The problem is almost certainly that 2.00.06 is
installed as a package and in spite of my efforts to put the new
subdirectory first, something out of that package (which I'm not
willing to muck with because I know at least a couple other people at
work use it) is getting sucked in first.  What am I missing?

Also, when trying to build the info, I get the following error:

makeinfo bbdb.texinfo
Making info file `bbdb.info' from `bbdb.texinfo'.
./bbdb.texinfo:1892: `VM automatic setup of `vm-set-auto-folder-alist'' has an Up
field of `VM Features', but `VM Features' has no menu item for `VM automatic setup of
`vm-set-auto-folder-alist''.
./bbdb.texinfo:1901: Menu reference to nonexistent node `VM automatic setup of
@code{vm-set-auto-folder-alist}'.
makeinfo: Removing output file
`/afs/rcf.mitre.org/apps/unsupported/xemacs-stuff/bbdb-src/texinfo/bbdb.info' due to
errors; use --force to preserve.
make[1]: *** [bbdb.info] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/afs/rcf.mitre.org/apps/unsupported/xemacs-stuff/bbdb-src/texinfo'
make: *** [info] Error 2

If I do, by hand, a makeinfo -force, the info files are generated OK.

Thanks,
--
Dave Goldberg