Many moons ago, I posted:

   John> From: John Hunter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   John> Subject: GCC-ing to my gnus nnml outgoing archive with 'm'?
   John> Date: 28 Feb 2000 19:39:56 -0600
   John>
   John> >From the bbdb buffer, when I use 'm' to mail a message, I would like
   John> to CC a copy to my nnml outgoing group, as is done when I use
   John> gnus-group-mail to send mail.  This includes the line
   John>
   John> Gcc: nnml:outgoing-mail
   John>
   John> in my mail header.  Any suggestions?

most substantive response was:

    Kai> Kevin Davidson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
    >> See the documentation for bbdb-send-mail-style. BBDB ought to
    >> be working out it should use message-mail all by itself.

    Kai> This is already possible by setting mail-user-agent.  But
    Kai> what we really need is a new user agent which uses _Gnus_
    Kai> rather than _message_ to send the message.

    Kai> You might wish to search for define-mail-user-agent in the
    Kai> list archives, I think somebody has posted such a definition
    Kai> before.

Unfortunately, I still have the same problem, and a search of the bbdb
archives for 'define-mail-user-agent' did not turn up anything
previous to Kai's response.

So if anyone has fresh insights into how to solve this problem, I
would much appreciate it.

I'm wondering if there is some way to fix this with a hook.
Currently, I use gnus-group-mail to compose mail outside the bbdb
buffer and have 'bbdb-send-mail-style' set to nil (it guesses message
mode) and setting it to message-mode doesn't help.

John Hunter

BBDB version 2.00.06 (1999/01/25 06:16:02)