On 30 Oct 2000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Unfortunately, I still have the same problem, and a search of the
> bbdb archives for 'define-mail-user-agent' did not turn up anything
> previous to Kai's response.

The user agent is included in the most recent Gnus version.  I'm not
sure if it is in 5.8.7 already.  You might have to fetch the most
recent version via CVS, or get a snapshot.

Also, the `compose-mail' option of BBDB was added after 2.00.06, so I
think you want BBDB 2.2, as well.

I think you will have to do the following to get it to work:

(setq bbdb-send-mail-style 'compose-mail) ; maybe other value
(setq mail-user-agent 'gnus-user-agent)

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.