XEmacs19.11, bbdb-1.50:

When using the package bbdb-query.el, I noticed that certain
operations didn't properly fontify the *BBDB* buffer after they were
done (like bbdb-query for instance). After doing a litt detective
work, I found the following in bbdb-display-records-1 near the bottom
of the function:

    (if append
        (let ((cons (assq first bbdb-records))
              (window (get-buffer-window (current-buffer))))
          (if window (set-window-start window (nth 2 cons)))
          ;; this doesn't really belong here, but it's convenient...
          (save-excursion (run-hooks 'bbdb-list-hook))))

Since the fontification happens when the bbdb-list-hook is run
(i.e. bbdb-list-hook is set to bbdb-fontify-buffer), this seems to
imply that fontification only happens if records are being appended to
the current *BBDB* buffer.

I made the following change which seems to fix the problem. Does this
make sense:

    (if append
        (let ((cons (assq first bbdb-records))
              (window (get-buffer-window (current-buffer))))
          (if window (set-window-start window (nth 2 cons)))))
          ;; this doesn't really belong here, but it's convenient...
    (save-excursion (run-hooks 'bbdb-list-hook))

Let mw know what you think :-) Thanks.

        Mike