[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> 1) When I invoke the bbdb with m-x bbdb, it asks for a regular expression.
> If I supply anything but a new line I get an error message:
>
> "bbdb: cannot access the name field this way"

That doesn't happen for me...

> 2) When I'm in bbdb, how do I move records in and out of the current
> displayed records?  It looks like "o" will remove the current record, but
> there doesn't seem to be anything to bring others in.

The only way is to do one of the M-x bbdb-* commands, and give it the right
set of regexps.  This wouldn't be hard to change.

> 3) Also, in bbdb how do I create entirely NEW records?  It isn't obvious
> from the mode help.  Oh, wait, I found it.  It's bbdb-create and it's not
> bound to any keys in the mode.  That is going to change soon...

I use bbdb-create about once every six months (and then only for people
without email); the easiest way to create new records is to let it happen
automatically.  Select a message by the person you want to add, and type

> Why does the bbdb prompt stay in the minibuffer when I switch to other
> buffers?  Is there an easy way to have that not happen?

Because "electric" modes are totally lame and I'm sorry I used them.  Either
turn off bbdb-electric-p, or always remember to hide the BBDB buffer (with SPC
or C-h) before selecting another buffer.

        -- Jamie