Lance A. Brown wrote:

> I did some more playing around and realized what has changed.  Felix
> Lee's nntp.el file causes bbdb to do a LOT of
> reading/formatting/frobnicating when a newsgroup is selected.

This really doesn't make any sense, frobnication should happen only once
per emacs session, unless the .bbdb buffer gets killed, or the file changes
on disk.  Nothing in nntp.el should touch anything rellated to bbdb.

(If emacs ever dumps core it' by definition an emacs bug.  Nothing lisp
code is able to do is supposed to be able to provoke a crash.)

        -- Jamie