I find that when I try to bbdb-complete-name on this bloke's email
address:

    Fiqley Snoplegrunt - Blinkem Corporation
                net: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

... if I've typed "fiqley", or "[EMAIL PROTECTED]", I get

        Fiqley Snoplegrunt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

However, if I have typed (or perhaps, am replying to)
"fiqley.snoplegrunt" or same "@blinkem.com", then it gets expanded
only to

                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

(no person name).

I traced this through bbdb-complete-name, and see sort of how this is
happening (differences in the cond (eq completion t) and (not (string=
pattern completion)) branches - the latter doesn't bother to look up
the person name).

Personally, I'd like it to complete to "Person Name <netaddr>" form
all the time.  Is there some deep reason it does not?  For example,
would something else break?  If not deep, how about shallow (such as
someone's personal preferences)?  There's more than enough stuff here,
related in complex ways, that I'm not yet sure I understand the
implications, or a testing strategy for exploring them.

Jack Repenning                M/S 1-875      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Silicon Graphics, Inc.         x3-3027      Off:(415) 390-3027
Visual Magic Division                       Fax:(415) 390-6056