Jack Repenning wrote:

> ... if I've typed "fiqley", or "[EMAIL PROTECTED]", I get

Well, depending on your setting of bbdb-completion-type, "fiqley" could/should
be ambiguous.  If you type the @ then you're asking for a particular address.
If you type "fiqley." then you're asking for a different particular address.

> Personally, I'd like it to complete to "Person Name <netaddr>" form
> all the time.  Is there some deep reason it does not?  For example,
> would something else break?  If not deep, how about shallow (such as
> someone's personal preferences)?

It's shallow; it's because I think that

        Fiqley Snoplegrunt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

looks silly.  The whole name is in there twice.

But anyway, this stuff doesn't have anything to do with completion - the
presentation of the thing in the buffer is in bbdb-dwim-net-address, not
bbdb-completion-predicate.

        -- Jamie