> WHen I want to send mail to a lot of people, I would like to use BBDB to
 > get them all into the *BBDB* buffer, then say "*m" to mail to all.  But
 > if I search for a new name, the one already there goes away.

 > How do I "build up a list" of people in bbdb?

I hacked up the following function for this purpose:

 (require 'bbdb-com)

 (defun bbdb-append (string elidep)
   "Append all entries in the BBDB matching the regexp STRING
 in either the name(s), company, network address, or notes."
   (interactive "sRegular Expression: \nP")
   (let ((bbdb-elided-display (bbdb-grovel-elide-arg elidep))
         (notes (cons '* string))
         (bbdb-append t))
     (bbdb-display-records
      (bbdb-search (bbdb-records) string string string notes nil))))

--- Alastair

P.S. You can also define mailing lists with BBDB, and use BBDB with mail
abbrevs to type in a long list of names.