On January 29, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the latest BBDB out of CVS, VM 6.90, Emacs 21.0.96.
>
> I am getting this error
>
> --
> Cannot extract an address component at "  ".
> --
>
> many times. Now when I try to display/edit a user's notes by pressing
> ';', it doesn't come up. It displays the above message and exits. I
> couldn't get a meaningful stack trace also.
>
> Does this mean that some field(s) in my database is not being
> recognized? How do I go about finding this?
>
> Thanks,
> Sridhar

What do you mean by a meaningful stack trace? The error you're seeing
occurs in bbdb-snarf.el, bbdb-extract-address-components, where it's
trying to parse a mail address. One thing I would say is that I've not
done any work at all with Emacs 21. Try deleting all the .elc files in
the bbdb directory, set stack-trace-on-error to t, and then trigger
the problem. That should give you a non-bytecode stack trace; you
can't get much more meaningful than that.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

I really need to reinstate the witty comments, dammit.