Daniel Pittman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Ronan Waide wrote:
> > On February 21, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> >> I want to use the auto-notes alist to extract X-face headers and
> >> other information that I don't actually want to see in the article
> >> buffer.
> >
> > Hmm. Is there a hook floating around there that you can use to trigger
> > this header unhiding, rather than me explicitly coding for fiddling
> > with people's displays?
>
> Maybe. I hadn't looked - I am living in hope that someone has dealt with
> this already, I admit. I will hunt over the next few days and, if it's
> needed, either send a patch or the non-BBDB-specific code.

Actually those "hidden" headers are deleted. Unless you reinsert the
original headers and decode them (like gnus-summary-toggle-header
does), you can not find those headers in the article buffer.

Maybe bbdb can use other hooks, like gnus-part-display-hook or
gnus-article-treat-types (not a hook), but they are not available in
pre-pGnus and there might be some unknown problems.

A simple solution for your case is to put X-Face in
gnus-visible-headers then delete it in gnus-article-prepare-hook
(after bbdb/gnus-pop-up-bbdb-buffer). (The following code has not been
tested.)

(defvar my-gnus-ignored-headers '("^X-Face:"))

(defun my-gnus-article-maybe-hide-headers ()
    (let ((gnus-ignored-headers my-gnus-ignored-headers)
          gnus-visible-headers)
        (gnus-article-maybe-hide-headers)))

(add-hook 'gnus-article-prepare-hook
        'my-gnus-article-maybe-hide-headers t)