On July 8, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> I'm nowhere near setup yet for the complete shift to doing my mail the
> (X)emacs way; however, I've set several bbdb- initialize/insinuate calls in
> my .xemacs/init.el file.
>
> Now my already slow startup is long enough to go out and brew up some
> coffee while it grinds along -- even if I'm not going to access mail this
> session.
>
> Can all this stuff be put on load-hooks for the various mail packages, or
> in files like .gnus ?

Ummmm. Do you have a really big BBDB, or a really slow computer? the
insinuation stuff simply adds hooks and modifies keymaps where
necessary, and the initialisation is pretty speedy. The only thing
I've seen that's intolerably slow is a big fontified BBDB buffer in
Emacs (Fontified BBDB buffers in XEmacs whiz along). Are you sure it's
BBDB that's causing you this trouble?

Cheers,
Waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

merde says, "i liked [the company] a lot, but i fear the relentless hip of the
    environment may cause me to become caustic and irritable."