(bbdb 2.32)

Can someone advise on this perplexing problem: I load up my entire
bbdb (want to browse through and clean it up a bit) by running bbdb
with a regex of "." or just hitting return. It then hangs on loading
the bbdb database. I can ^g out of that, then I then have trouble
deleting individual records with delete-current-field-or-record - it
asks for confirmation, I give it, and everything stops. If I ^g out of
it the field does then disappear.

I tracked it down (I think) as far as bbdb-list-hook, which runs
bbdb-fontify-buffer. If I comment out the relevant calls to run-hooks,
problem fixed.

Is this normal behavior? Possible factor: have over 1000 entires in my
bbdb, is that just too much for it to handle? Should I be setting
bbdb-list-hooks somewhere in my startup files?

thanks for any insight,

Judah