I've been using the following for a few weeks now and am posting in
case anyone else can use this feature.  My motivation for it is that
at work I deal with companies who, due for various reasons end up
sending me different sales reps, support engineers etc.  Entering
their records into bbdb by hand is a pain no matter what, but it's
especially frustrating because the address field is nearly always
exactly the same for all of them.  A long time ago (probably in bbdb
1.51) I asked about inheritance and was told to submit a patch.  So it
took me a few years to get to it :-) Anyway, I came up with a function
that creates a record, prompting for a name, but filling in everything
else with info from the record at point.  Then I just have to edit the
phone and net fields by hand.  I came up with an omit list to ensure I
didn't screw up pilot synchronization, but there may be other fields
that people wouldn't want duplicated as well so I didn't hardcode it.

application/emacs-lisp

--
Dave Goldberg