|--==> "JM" == Jeff Mincy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

  JM> From: Robert Fenk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  JM> Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 13:30:59 +0100

  JM> On Wednesday, January 2, 2002 at 17:41:14, Steve Youngs wrote:
  >>Hey Folks!

  >>I finally got sick of BBDB not noticing things in hidden headers (like
  >>X-Face's), so I wrote this horrible little hack:
  JM> [...]

  JM> (defun rf-bbdb-gnus-auto-notes-hook (record)

[...]

  JM> Just curious, but how is this different from doing something like:

[ Elided example from BBDB manual ]

My understanding of it is:

The Gnus article buffer that you see is not the original raw article
that's had a bit of narrow-to-region magic run on it.  Rather it is a
new buffer built up from 'gnus-original-article-buffer' (the raw
article).

BBDB notices things in the gnus-article-buffer where the unseen headers
don't exist so it can't notice changes.  The headers aren't really
hidden at all, they just aren't there.

Robert's function switches to the raw article buffer and fools BBDB
into thinking that it is the normal article buffer.  All the headers
are there, so everything gets noticed.  And the (save-excursion ...)
is so we come back to where we started from (the normal article
buffer) once BBDB is finished.

How close am I to getting that right, Robert?

--
|---<Steve Youngs>---------------<GnuPG KeyID: 10D5C9C5>---|
|            XEmacs - It's not just an editor.             |