Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Mail-alias: Sending one mail for each address?
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Lars =?iso-8859-1?q?Bj=F8rndal?=)
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 22:47:04 +0100

Hi!

I'm sorry, but I can't figure out how to set up the feedmail so that I
can use the example functions you wrote me about. If I type M-x
"feedmail-s" and tab, it will not complete. Could you please say a few
words about how to set up these functions? Do I have to modify the
feedmail.el-file?

Lars

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (WJCarpenter) writes:

> lars> I am using Emacs, Gnus and bbdb. I have made up one mail-alias
> lars> for several names/addresses. I want to send the same mail
> lars> message to all of this addresses, but with one mail per
> lars> address. How can I do so?  Lars
>
> I don't think those tools alone have a straightforward way to do what
> you're looking for.  It is, however, a feature of feedmail (which
> works with gnus).
>
> You can find feedmail here:  <http://www.carpenter.org/feedmail/>
>
> Look at and around the example function feedmail-spray-via-bbdb and
> other variables starting with feedmail-spray-.  Once you have things
> set up, you can "spray" messages on a case by case basis by typing "*"
> at the feedmail action prompt.
>
> PS:-  Although the spray feature has been in feedmail for a couple of
> years, nobody has ever asked me about it or even mentioned it.  That
> probably means it works perfectly.  Or, perhaps it means nobody has
> ever used it.
> --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (WJCarpenter)    PGP 0x91865119
> 38 95 1B 69 C9 C6 3D 25    73 46 32 04 69 D6 ED F3

Lars Bjørndal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Storetveitåsen 15, 5067 Bergen.
Tlf.: 55 28 87 55  Mobil: 958 37 537  Telefaks: 55 28 40 67

  • (... [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    • ... Alex Abra
    • ... Sriram Karra
    • ... Sriram Karra