Ronan Waide <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On June 3, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>> can the admin please change this list so that only subscribers can
>> post? the spam is annoying as hell.

[...]

> it raises the entry level for people who'd just like to say "help!".

Even just to say "help", it is in my opinion a good thing to subscribe
to the  list. I never  post to a  mailing list before  subscribing and
reading it for a few days to avoid Off-Topics. (We wouldn't have these
messages "How do  I configure Outlook on my I-Mac  ?" on comp.emacs if
everybody had this behavior ...)

Anyway, someone who just want to  say "help" will ususally not be able
to configure the right "Mail-Followup-To" field, and the answer may go
to the list, which will no help him much if he didn't subscribe ...

--
Matthieu