From: Richard Stallman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: my Emacs is broken
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 23:48:56 -0500

        Richard> That is peculiar.  If SIGIO works, then x_sync ought to
--- snip ---

with the header line 'Reply-to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]' being hidden i.e. invisible

for this email bbdb reports:
noticed "Richard That is peculiar If SIGIO works"

bbdb/gnus-update-records uses the emacs function mail-fetch-field to
obtain the to, reply-to etc. addresses.

mail-fetch-field uses re-search-forward and then
buffer-substring-no-properties to extract the addresses.
That doesn't seem to work for invisible text, but I don't know how this
is supposed to work.

I'm not sure who's the culprit but I think that both bbdb and mail-fetch-field
may be at fault here:

I think bbdb should operate on the original article and not on
the presentation buffer of the article (this would avoid the problem)

Should I report this as an emacs bug in mail-fetch-field?

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |