On July 24, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> What you're losing here is that rfc822.el is pretty much the
> definitive emacs implementation of correct address parsing, but it's
> mechanical in that it returns to you the exact "name" text from the
> input email address. On the other hand, Robert Fenk and others have

Actually, I'm wrong: it doesn't return *any* of the comment text, so
if your name is in the comment part of the address instead of, er, the
name part, then rfc822.el won't return it. I recall spending some time
scratching my head over this before writing the wrapper code which
effectively uses rfc822 to split out multiple addresses and then uses
mail-extr to get the details from those addresses. A horrible kludge,
but it does actually work.

Cheers,
Waider.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / Yes, it /is/ very personal of me.

"I can configure firewalls but I can't configure routers.  Firewalls are
 done by HTML." - an unnamed engineer