    Ken> Signaling: (invalid-function (macro . #<compiled-function nil
    Ken> "...(2)"

    Ken> I am guessing this means there is something wrong with the
    Ken> compilation of bbdb-list-extents()? This appears to live in
    Ken> bbdb-gui.elc.

That's a good guess.

Somebody has to recompile bbdb, but it need not be you (or your
sysadmin).  You can update packages from the menu Tools->Packages.
The XEmacs package is at 1.24, and it's somewhat possible that
Mandrake built their own in some erroneous way.  There's a good chance
that you can fix it that way.  If our distribution is buggy, then
(depending on his convenience) the Package Release Manager usually
gets a new downloadable binary package released for this kind of thing
in less than a week (that's not a promise, but he does hustle).

    Ken> nd does anyone know if this is a known problem and/or who if
    Ken> anyone should be alerted to fix it?

"viteno" (Norbert Koch) is a good start, but we'd prefer a CC to the
[EMAIL PROTECTED] list on future correspondence.  In fact, this is
probably an XEmacs bug, as our package system is supposed to ensure
that all relevant macros get defined before compilation.